Maybe it’s the smell of spring and the rush toward long, sunny summer days. Maybe it’s the upcoming trip to Kauai with Kevin. Or maybe it’s just my body telling me I need to up my fruit game to boost my vitamin C levels. Whatever the reason may be, I CANNOT stop thinking about this smooth, creamy tropical green smoothie bowl packed with pineapple, mango, kiwi, banana, and spinach.
Between the springtime weather, planning for Kauai, and serious need for a detox post-March craziness, I came across Kitchen Confidante‘s Green Smoothie Bowl. Inspired, I dug up the ingredients I needed to bring a similar tropical green smoothie bowl to life on my own kitchen table.
Just in case you’re not already convinced (crazy):
- Pineapple is an awesome source of manganese and vitamin C.
- Mangoes contain variety of nutrients, including vitamin C and folate.
- Kiwis are packed with vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, and fiber.
- Bananas are loaded with vitamin B6 and contain moderate amounts of vitamin C, manganese, and fiber.
- Spinach is a powerhouse rich in vitamin K, magnesium, manganese, folate, iron, B vitamins, vitamin E, calcium, potassium, and fiber. (If I could eat more spinach without turning green, I would.)
This smoothie bowl will take you slightly longer than a standard smoothie to whip up, but the results are worth it. Here’s how to make it happen.
First, grab all of your ingredients.
Add the almond milk, pineapple, mango, half of the banana, and spinach to the blender.
Blend for 30-60 seconds, or until smooth and creamy.
Pour the smoothie into a bowl and place the bowl in the freezer to let it set for a few minutes.
While the smoothie bowl is chilling, slice up your kiwis and the remaining banana half into bite size pieces.
After 5-7 minutes, remove your smoothie bowl from the freezer and top with the kiwi and banana slices and shredded coconut. If you’re not currently on the elimination diet or are in the process of reintroducing sweeteners, I highly recommend adding a nice drizzle of honey, too.
Marvel at the beautiful, bright colors, pretend you’re in a tropical paradise… and then enjoy!
Tropical Green Smoothie Bowl with Pineapple, Mango, Kiwi, Banana, and Spinach
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Makes: 1 serving
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/4 cup frozen mango
- 1 banana, cut in half
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 kiwi
- 2T shredded coconut
- 2-3t honey (optional; note that honey is not allowed in the total elimination phase of the elimination diet)
- Add the almond milk, pineapple, mango, half of the banana, and the baby spinach to the blender. Blend on high for 30-60 seconds, or until smooth. Pour into a bowl and let the smoothie bowl chill in the freezer.
- Slice your kiwi and the remaining half of your banana into bite-size pieces.
- Once the smoothie bowl has set in the freezer (5-7 minutes or so), remove the bowl and top with banana and kiwi slices, and shredded coconut. If you’re not on the elimination diet or are in the process of reintroducing sweeteners, drizzle the honey on top as well. Bon appétit!